High Flow System Filter Housings
3M™ High Flow system filter housings are specifically designed to deliver all of the system’s benefits in a compact footprint in your production site. Housings are available in ASME code or Non- Code standard designs, as well as customizable configurations to suit your specific needs. The surface finishes available for the housings are glass bead blasted, painted or polished.
The outside-to-inside flow pattern of the 3M High Flow system translates into a simpler filter housing design and operation. Alternative inside-to-outside flow designs require the use of a bulky support plate for cartridge sealing. This support plate must be removed during cartridge installation and change-out, and may require the use of special tools. The 3M High Flow housing features a centerpost design for cartridge support, requiring no support plates or special tools, providing a user-friendly cartridge installation and removal process.
3M High Flow series filter housings come with a choice of standard inlet and outlet connection size options.
|High Flow Capability per Cartridge (vs. conventional 2.5" diameter cartridges)||
Allows for use of smaller diameter housing reducing capital expense and system footprint requirements.
Fewer cartridges required, resulting in:
|Robust Cartridge Centerpost Support Design||
|Unique Diamond Pleated Cartridge Sealing Mechanism ("Twist to Lock" into Plug Base Closure)||
High Flow Filter Cartridge
Flow rates per cartridge:
- 3M™ High Flow cartridge: 350 gpm
- 2.5” outer diameter (OD) conventional pleated cartridge: 20 gpm
- 2.5” outer diameter (OD) conventional depth cartridge: 15 gpm
Ease of use- An ergonomically designed handle facilitates fast and easy insertion and removal without the use of special tools. Cartridges are simply inserted over a built-in guide tube.
Polypropylene construction- Provides wide range of compatibility with various fluids.
Compound radial pleat design- Maximizes usable surface area per cartridge
High flow- 3-inch core permits up to 500 gpm through a single cartridge (60” length). Seating mechanism uses a “twist to lock” design to provide a positive seal.
The Bottom Line:
- The 3M High Flow system requires 90% fewer cartridges as conventional 2.5" OD cartridge systems for a given flow rate
- 3M High Flow series filter housings are 33% to 50% smaller than filter housings for conventional 2.5" OD cartridges for a given flow rate
- Fewer filters and a user-friendly housing design mean easier and faster filter change-outs