Kinetico’s Hydrus Series water softeners are the most advanced, efficient systems which are designed to be environmentally responsible. These systems are completely configurable based on demanding, large volume application requirements, and can be combined with Hydrus Filtration Systems.
The Hydrus valve is a multi-port valve that controls system flow through a single tank, however, it is designed to inherently link to other Hydrus valves, thus easily expanding to multi-tank configurations. The Hydrus uses water pressure to move its internal pistons through service and regeneration cycles. It uses no electrical components, therefore is ideally suited for installation in even the harshest environments. All regeneration sequences and timing are managed via an on board hydraulic control disc. The Hydrus uses a hydraulic start signal to initiate a regeneration or backwash.
The Hydrus valve is at the heart of Kinetico’s commercial high-flow systems. It’s a multi-port valve that controls system flow through a single tank. It is designed to link to other Hydrus valves, making expansion to multi-tank configurations uncomplicated. The Hydrus valve is a revolutionary design that allows enormous flexibility in system configuration.
The Hydrus uses water pressure to move its internal pistons through service and regeneration cycles. It doesn’t use electrical components; therefore, it is ideally suited for installation in the harshest environments. All regeneration sequences and timing are managed via an on-board hydraulic control disc.
The Hydrus control valve controls the following functions: service, regeneration, brine tank filling and kick-next in the case of multiplex systems. If central brining is employed, the brine tank filling is done by way of a pressurized feed. Regeneration sequences differ between the countercurrent regenerating multiplex systems and cocurrent regenerating simplex systems. The service cycles are the same.
How are the Hydrus Series Water Softeners different?
• Non-Electric Valve. Hydraulic operation eliminates the need for motors which maximizes longevity.
• 40% Reduction in Salt Usage. Proven method of soft water regeneration and countercurrent regeneration guarantees efficiency.
• 30% Reduction in Waste Waters. Hydrus softeners are environmentally responsible due to reduced waste.
• Metered Regeneration. Eliminates guesswork and regenerates based on actual water usage resulting in maximum salt and water efficiency.
• Single or Multi-Tank System. Configurable design options: Single Tank system is most economical and space efficient, and Multi-Tank system offers flexibility for demanding commercial applications.
• Countercurrent Regeneration. Recognized as the most efficient regeneration method. Conserves water and salt, while eliminating hardness breakthrough.
• Efficient Hardness Removal. Assures consistent and continuous clean, soft water. Protects plumbing and appliances.
• Corrosion-Resistant Valve and Tanks. Long lasting and can endure even the harshest environments.
• Advanced Operator Interface. A single controller operates the entire system, making it easy to set up and understand. It minimizes system cost while maintaining complete operating versatility